Get more information about Coastal Carolina University by clicking links below:
Coastal Carolina University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Conway, SC, which is a predominantly urban area. Nearly eight thousand students enroll at Coastal Carolina University annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Coastal Carolina University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the school. The most common test scores among students admitted to Coastal Carolina University are between 18 to 21 on the ACT, or 910 to 1090 on the SAT exam. Coastal Carolina University accepts roughly 70% of applicants yearly. Of those students accepted, nearly 28% enrolled. More information on admissions can be found here.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $11,000 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $24,000 annually. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $5,500 for the year. This school may offer financial aid for students that qualify by way of grants and loans.
The Coastal Carolina University Chanticleers participate in several athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who would like to view more about this school can check out their website at http://www.coastal.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students Coastal Carolina University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Coastal Carolina University is about 10,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 6% enrolling as graduate students and 94% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $45 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State: $10,000-$12,000
- Out-of-State: $23,000-$28,180
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $430-$510 per unit
- Out-of-State: $980-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$7,258|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$7,329|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Coastal Carolina University may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Coastal Carolina University is approximately 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
Coastal Carolina University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big South Conference)
- Basketball (Big South Conference)
- Track and Field (Big South Conference)
- Football (Big South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Coastal Carolina University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Coastal Carolina University.
- Francis Marion University in Florence, SC (45 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke in Pembroke, NC (57 miles away)
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington in Wilmington, NC (67 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Sumter in Sumter, SC (80 miles away)
- Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, NC (82 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main South Carolina colleges & universities profile page
- See all public colleges in South Carolina
- See all the liberal arts colleges in South Carolina