Get more information about CUNY Queens College by clicking links below:
Queens, a public institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Flushing, New York, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Queens is a large institution, enrolling about 21,000 per year.
Areas of study offered at Queens include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
- Library Science
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Most students at CUNY Queens College scored within the range of 1020 - 1190 on the SAT. 30% of those students that apply are admitted to CUNY Queens College, of which 27 percent choose to attend.
Tuition & fees at Queens vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs nearly $6,200 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $13,000 per year. The price of on-campus housing is around $10,000 annually. Students enrolled at Queens may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
Queens has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.qc.cuny.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Queens accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at CUNY Queens College is around 19,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 18% enrolling as graduate students and 82% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $65 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- State Residents: $6,000-$7,200
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,410
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $260-$310 per unit
- Out-of-State: $540-$640 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||72%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$6,672|
|Receiving Student Loans||7%||$4,893|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, CUNY Queens College may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
The overall graduation rate of Queens is close to 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||10%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
CUNY Queens College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (East Coast Conference)
- Basketball (East Coast Conference)
- Track and Field (Eastern College Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY Queens College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY Queens College.
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (3 miles away)
- CUNY Hunter College in New York, NY (8 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (9 miles away)
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (9 miles away)
- CUNY Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, NY (10 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: