Get more information about East Central University by clicking links below:
East Central University is a public school that has a large selection of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Ada, OK, in a predominantly rural area. Enrollment at ECU exceeds four thousand annually.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most students admitted to ECU have an SAT score in a range of 860 - 1100, or an ACT composite score between 18 - 23. Roughly 90 percent of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 72 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at ecok.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $5,200 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $12,000 per year. Student housing is available for students and costs about $1,900 each year. Students enrolled at East Central University may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The ECU Tigers participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.ecok.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students East Central University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to East Central University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||16 - 23|
|ACT ® Math||16 - 22|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 23|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances of getting into East Central University can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||950 (98%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||612 (64%)|
Total enrollment at East Central University is around 4,800 students, where graduate students make up roughly 21% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State: $3,600-$4,300
- Out-of-State: $11,000-$12,720
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $400-$470 per unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$7,590|
|Receiving Student Loans||43%||$4,548|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 17%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, East Central University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
East Central University has an overall graduation rate which is around 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1996)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
East Central University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (367)
- Basketball (367)
- Football (367)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by East Central University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to East Central University.
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, OK (55 miles away)
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha, OK (75 miles away)
- Langston University in Langston, OK (86 miles away)
- Cameron University in Lawton, OK (97 miles away)
- Texas Woman's University in Denton, TX (110 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: