Get more information about Farmingdale State College by clicking links below:
Farmingdale State College, a public institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Farmingdale, NY, the campus offers a suburban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at Farmingdale State College exceeds six thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Most students admitted to Farmingdale State College score in-between 1360 - 1610 on the SAT exam. This school has an admissions rate of about 41% of which only 42% chose to enroll.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $7,100 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $17,000 for the year. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $7,100 annually. Students enrolled at this school may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the Farmingdale State College website to obtain a complete list of academic programs offered, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Farmingdale State College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Farmingdale State College is about 8,600, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $6,500-$7,800
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,580
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $270-$320 per unit
- Out-of-State: $680-$820 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$6,479|
|Receiving Student Loans||36%||$5,747|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Farmingdale State College may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Farmingdale State College has an overall graduation rate which is around 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
Farmingdale State College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Skyline Conference)
- Basketball (Skyline Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Farmingdale State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Farmingdale State College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (124 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton in Hazleton, PA (137 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (144 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State York in York, PA (181 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (184 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: