Get more information about Henderson State University by clicking links below:
Henderson State University is a public college that has a large selection of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, in a predominantly rural area. Enrollment at Henderson State University is nearly three thousand yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Henderson State University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1255 to 1619 on the SAT and in a range of 18 to 24 for the ACT exam is common among students admitted to Henderson State University. An estimated 60% of all students that applied were admitted at Henderson State University, with 41% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at getreddie.com.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $6,000, while out-of-state residents pay $11,000 per year. Students attending this school may qualify for aid which is usually grants and loans.
The Henderson State University Reddies participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Henderson State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Henderson State University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||18 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||17 - 24|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting into Henderson State University.
|Granted Admissions||2,084 (62%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||704 (34%)|
Henderson State University has a total student population of about 3,800, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $4,700-$5,600
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $9,400-$11,290
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $200-$240 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $390-$470 per credit unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $7,700, the cost includes nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$9,132|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$5,462|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 15%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Henderson State University may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employment search assistance
Henderson State University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 31%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1983)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1957)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Henderson State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (367)
- Basketball (367)
- Football (367)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Henderson State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Henderson State University.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (58 miles away)
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus in Magnolia, AR (59 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff in Pine Bluff, AR (65 miles away)
- University of Central Arkansas in Conway, AR (74 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Texarkana in Texarkana, TX (75 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: