Get more information about Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne by clicking links below:
Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Fort Wayne, IN and publically funded. Approximately 14,000 students are enrolled per year at IPFW.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs IPFW offers:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by admissions officials. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1260 - 1600 for the SAT exam and within the range of 18 - 24 for the ACT exam is common among students admitted to IPFW. Roughly 90% of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 81% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
The tuition at Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $7,400 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $18,000 annually. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $6,700. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for IPFW is the "Mastodons", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Soccer (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students can visit the school's http://www.ipfw.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students IPFW accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to IPFW.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||440 - 540|
|SAT ® Math||450 - 550|
|SAT ® Writing||430 - 520|
|SAT ® Total Score||1320 - 1610|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||18 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into IPFW
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting accepted into Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne.
|Granted Admissions||3,076 (83%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,660 (54%)|
Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne has a total student population of about 13,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 4% enrolling as graduate students and 96% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,900-$8,300
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,700
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $270-$320 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $640-$760 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||63%||$6,772|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,265|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 10.0%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
IPFW has an overall graduation rate which is close to 26%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Dental Laboratory Technician Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
IPFW is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (The Summit League)
- Basketball (The Summit League)
- Track and Field (The Summit League)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Indiana University – Purdue University – Fort Wayne.
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (51 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (62 miles away)
- Ball State University in Muncie, IN (65 miles away)
- Indiana University - South Bend in South Bend, IN (69 miles away)
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (70 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: