Get more information about Kean University by clicking links below:
Kean, a public institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Union, NJ, it offers a suburban setting for students to study in. Approximately sixteen thousand students are enrolled per year at Kean University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- English Language And Literature
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. Most students accepted to Kean University score in-between 840 - 1020 on the SAT. Kean admits approximately 70 percent of students applying yearly. Of those accepted, around 42 percent enrolled. More information on admissions can be found at kean.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $11,000, while nonresidents pay $18,000 per year. The cost of on-campus housing is about $12,000 annually. Students enrolled at Kean may qualify for aid which is usually loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Kean University Cougars participate in several athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.kean.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Kean University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Kean University is about 14,000, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $7,600-$9,100
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$17,000
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $300-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $500-$600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||60%||$7,889|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$9,312|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Kean University may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of Kean University is around 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
Kean University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Kean University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kean University.
- Rutgers University - Newark in Newark, NJ (5 miles away)
- CUNY College of Staten Island in Staten Island, NY (7 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (7 miles away)
- Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ (11 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (14 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: