Get more information about Kutztown University of Pennsylvania by clicking links below:
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a public college that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Kutztown, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly rural area. Approximately 11,000 students are enrolled annually at KU.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to KU. Scores within the range of 17 - 21 on the ACT or 1280 - 1580 on the SAT are needed to increase your chances for getting accepted. An estimated 70 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 29 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay around $9,200 and out-of-state residents pay $20,000 for the year. Housing is available for students, which costs around $5,800 for the year. Some students at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.kutztown.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Kutztown University of Pennsylvania accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania has a total student population of about 10,000, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $35 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $7,100-$8,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,180
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $740-$880 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||44%||$6,110|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$6,681|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||34%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Kutztown University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (9 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (22 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in West Chester, PA (40 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (42 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (44 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: