Get more information about Oklahoma Panhandle State University by clicking links below:
Oklahoma Panhandle State University, a public institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Goodwell, Oklahoma, it offers a rural setting for students to study in. Enrollment at Oklahoma Panhandle State University exceeds a thousand annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Agriculture Operations
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 710 to 950 for the SAT exam and in a range of 16 to 20 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. Oklahoma Panhandle State University admits about 90 percent of applicants. Of those accepted, around 62 percent of students registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $6,300 annually, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is around $990 for the year. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for Oklahoma Panhandle State University is the "Aggies", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants OPSU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Oklahoma Panhandle State University is around 1,300 students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $4,400 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $140 to $160 per unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$4,295|
|Receiving Student Loans||48%||$4,692|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Oklahoma Panhandle State University may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
Oklahoma Panhandle State University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 23%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1999)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2003)
OPSU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Conference)
- Football (Heartland Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Oklahoma Panhandle State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Oklahoma Panhandle State University.
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK (165 miles away)
- Eastern New Mexico University - Main Campus in Portales, NM (193 miles away)
- Colorado State University - Pueblo in Pueblo, CO (200 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (201 miles away)
- New Mexico Highlands University in Las Vegas, NM (212 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: