Peru State College
600 Hoyt Street, Peru, NE
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 002559
- Phone: (402) 872-3815
- School Homepage
- Phone: (402) 872-2221
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (402) 872-2228
- Financial Aid Page
Virtual Tour of Campus
College Video Tour
Request more information about programs at Peru State College by clicking on the links below:
Peru State College provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Peru, NE and publically funded. Peru State College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 2,500.
Areas of study offered at Peru State College include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Computer And Information Sciences
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, accepting any students that meet the basic requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, test scores, and personal statements may be required for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $5,900 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Housing is available for students, which costs around $3,300 per year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Peru State College is the "Bobcats", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the website to get a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Peru State College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Peru State College is about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $4,200-$5,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $140 to $170 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,329|
|Receiving Student Loans||61%||$4,777|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 9%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Peru State College may offer services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
Peru State College has an overall graduation rate which is around 26%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Peru State College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Peru State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B)
- Entrepreneurial Studies (M)
- Teacher and Professional Development (M)
- Elementary Education (B)
- Physical Education (B)
- Early Childhood Education (B)
- Social Science Teacher Education (B)
- History Teacher Education (B)
- Special Education (B)
- English and Language Arts Teacher Education (B)
- Business Teacher Education (B)
- Music Teacher Education (B)
- Mathematics Teacher Education (B)
- Middle School Education (B)
- Art Teacher Education (B)
- Science Teacher Education (B)
- Biology Teacher Education (B)
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (B)
- Psychology (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (B)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biochemistry (B)
- Social Sciences (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Commercial and Advertising Art (B)
- Music (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Other 4-Year Public Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Peru State College.
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (139 miles away)
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (167 miles away)
- Lincoln University in Jefferson City, MO (231 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: