Get more information about Peru State College by clicking links below:
Peru State College provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Peru, NE and publically funded. Peru State College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 2,500.
Areas of study offered at Peru State College include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Computer And Information Sciences
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, accepting any students that meet the basic requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, test scores, and personal statements may be required for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $5,900 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Housing is available for students, which costs around $3,300 per year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Peru State College is the "Bobcats", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the website to get a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Peru State College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Peru State College is about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 10% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $4,600-$5,500 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $170 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$4,880|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$5,234|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Peru State College may offer services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
Peru State College has an overall graduation rate which is around 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||10%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Peru State College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Peru State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Peru State College.
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (139 miles away)
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (167 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (177 miles away)
- Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS (220 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (222 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: