Get more information about Texas A&M University – Kingsville by clicking links below:
TAMUK is a public institution located in Kingsville, Texas and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Enrollment at TAMUK exceeds nine thousand per year.
Areas of study offered at TAMUK include but are not limited to:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Most common standardized test scores among students accepted to TAMUK are between 15 - 20 on the ACT, or 770 - 980 on the SAT exam. Admission to Texas A&M University - Kingsville is considered highly competitive, with only 20 percent of students who applied on average being admitted each year. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay close to $7,300, while nonresidents pay $18,000 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the Texas A&M University - Kingsville website to obtain a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants TAMUK accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting accepted to TAMUK.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||14 - 20|
|ACT ® Math||16 - 23|
|ACT ® Composite Score||16 - 21|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into TAMUK
The chances for admission at TAMUK can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||5,716 (88%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,255 (22%)|
The total student enrollment at Texas A&M University – Kingsville is about 11,000. The student body is made up of 79% undergraduate students and 21% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,400-$5,200
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,880
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $630-$750 per unit
- Out-of-State: $910-$1,100 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $9,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$9,318|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$4,668|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 13%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Texas A&M University – Kingsville may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
The overall graduation rate of Texas A&M University – Kingsville is around 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Music Program (more info)
TAMUK is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Lone Star Conference)
- Basketball (Lone Star Conference)
- Track and Field (Lone Star Conference)
- Football (Lone Star Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Texas A&M University – Kingsville by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas A&M University – Kingsville.
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, TX (36 miles away)
- The University of Texas - Pan American in Edinburg, TX (86 miles away)
- Texas A&M International University in Laredo, TX (95 miles away)
- University of Houston - Victoria in Victoria, TX (105 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College in Brownsville, TX (115 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: