Get more information about The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga by clicking links below:
UTC, a public institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Chattanooga, TN, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. Over 11,000 students enroll at UTC yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. The majority of students admitted to UTC have an SAT score within the range of 940 - 1170, or an ACT score within the range of 21 - 25. 74% of those students that apply are admitted to The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, of which 44 percent choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The tuition at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $7,400 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $22,000 for the year. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $5,800. This school may provide financial aid for students that qualify as loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at UTC through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students can visit the school's http://www.utc.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates UTC accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is around 12,000 students. The student body is made up of 88% undergraduate students and 12% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $30 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,400-$7,700
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $23,000-$27,060
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $270-$320 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $940-$1,100 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$7,365|
|Receiving Student Loans||46%||$5,059|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga may offer services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is approximately 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dietetics Program
- Coordinated Dietetics Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Southern Conference)
- Track and Field (Southern Conference)
- Football (Southern Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Alabama A&M University in Normal, AL (74 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (79 miles away)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville in Huntsville, AL (79 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (82 miles away)
- Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL (88 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: