Get more information about University of Nebraska at Omaha by clicking links below:
UNOMAHA provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Omaha, NE and publically funded. Nearly 15,000 students enroll at University of Nebraska at Omaha per year.
Areas of study available at University of Nebraska at Omaha include:
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. The majority of students at UNOMAHA scored between 20 to 25 on the ACT exam. Approximately 80% of all applicant were accepted at University of Nebraska at Omaha, with 51% of those admitted choosing to attend.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs nearly $6,900 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $17,000 annually. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at UNOMAHA through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.unomaha.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates University of Nebraska at Omaha accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of Nebraska at Omaha is around 15,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 20% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $45 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $5,300-$6,400
- Out-of-State: $17,000-$19,960
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $200-$240 per unit
- Out-of-State: $600-$720 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $10
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$5,457|
|Receiving Student Loans||46%||$5,229|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Nebraska at Omaha may provide student services like:
- Online classes
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of UNOMAHA is close to 42%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2004)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1983)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1974)
UNOMAHA is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (The Summit League)
- Basketball (The Summit League)
- Track and Field (The Summit League)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Nebraska at Omaha by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (56 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (85 miles away)
- Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, MO (86 miles away)
- University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD (115 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (122 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: