Get more information about University of Nevada – Reno by clicking links below:
University of Nevada - Reno provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Reno, Nevada and publically funded. As a land grant institution this school is among larger public institutions in the state of Nevada. Enrollment at University of Nevada - Reno is nearly 18,000 per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores in a range of 20 - 26 on the ACT or 1390 - 1730 on the SAT are required to increase your chances for admission. 88% of students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 47% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at University of Nevada - Reno are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs nearly $7,100 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $21,000 annually. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for a cost of $5,200 annually. Students attending this school may be eligible for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for University of Nevada - Reno is the "Wolf Pack", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.unr.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants University of Nevada – Reno accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Nevada – Reno is about 20,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 16% enrolling as graduate students and 84% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $60 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $6,100-$7,300
- Out-of-State: $20,000-$24,020
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $200-$240 per unit
- Out-of-State: $410-$500 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$4,595|
|Receiving Student Loans||38%||$7,241|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Nevada – Reno may provide student services like those listed below:
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of University of Nevada – Reno is close to 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||10%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
University of Nevada – Reno is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mountain West Conference)
- Basketball (Mountain West Conference)
- Track and Field (Mountain West Conference)
- Football (Mountain West Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Nevada – Reno by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Nevada – Reno.
- California State University - Chico in Chico, CA (109 miles away)
- California State University - Sacramento in Sacramento, CA (109 miles away)
- University of California - Davis in Davis, CA (125 miles away)
- California State University - Stanislaus in Turlock, CA (150 miles away)
- University of California - Merced in Merced, CA (153 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: