Get more information about University of North Florida by clicking links below:
UNF is a public school that has a large number of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Jacksonville, FL, in a predominantly urban area. About 16,000 students enroll at University of North Florida yearly.
Students may select from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Very common scores among students admitted to University of North Florida are within the range of 23 to 26 on the ACT, or 1560 to 1830 on the SAT exam. University of North Florida admits about 50% of students applying annually. Of those accepted, about 32% enrolled. More information regarding admissions can be found at unf.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay close to $5,600, while nonresidents pay $19,000 for the year. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $5,300. UNF may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The University of North Florida Ospreys participate in a number of athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Soccer (NCAA Division I-AAA)
To see a full list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.unf.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students UNF accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of North Florida is around 19,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $3,900-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,440
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $210-$260 per unit
- Out-of-State: $690-$830 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$6,082|
|Receiving Student Loans||32%||$5,124|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of North Florida may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of University of North Florida is approximately 50%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Health Services Administration Program
- Music Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
UNF is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of North Florida by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of North Florida.
- College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick, GA (62 miles away)
- Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA (115 miles away)
- Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, GA (119 miles away)
- Savannah State University in Savannah, GA (123 miles away)
- University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL (129 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: