Get more information about University of South Dakota by clicking links below:
University of South Dakota provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Vermillion, South Dakota and publically funded. USD has a yearly student enrollment of over 10,000.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs USD offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Legal Professions And Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Students may take either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions to University of South Dakota. A score within the range of 1430 - 1750 on the SAT, or 20 - 26 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. 89% of those students that apply are accepted to this school, of which 43 percent choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at usd.edu.
Tuition & fees at USD vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $7,900 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $9,800 annually. On-campus housing is available for students and costs approximately $3,700 for the year. This school may offer financial aid for students that qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The University of South Dakota Coyotes participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
For a complete list of areas of study, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.usd.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates USD accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
University of South Dakota has a total student population of about 10,000, where graduate students make up roughly 13% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- State Residents: $4,300-$5,200
- Out-of-State: $6,500-$7,814
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $150-$170 per unit
- Out-of-State: $220-$260 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,498|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$7,103|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, University of South Dakota may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
The overall graduation rate of USD is close to 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Law Program (more info)
- Medical (M.D.) Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Theatre Program
University of South Dakota is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (The Summit League)
- Track and Field (The Summit League)
- Football (Missouri Valley Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of South Dakota by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of South Dakota.
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (38 miles away)
- Dakota State University in Madison, SD (86 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha in Omaha, NE (115 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (129 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (171 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: