Get more information about University of Wisconsin – River Falls by clicking links below:
UW-River Falls, a public institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in River Falls, Wisconsin, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. Enrollment at UW-River Falls exceeds 6,900 yearly.
Students may choose from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Agriculture Operations
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Most students at University of Wisconsin - River Falls scored within the range of 20 - 24 on the ACT. 90% of those students that apply are accepted to University of Wisconsin - River Falls, of which 50 percent choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at uwrf.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay approximately $8,000 and out-of-state residents pay $16,000 per year. The cost of on-campus housing is approximately $3,900 annually. University of Wisconsin - River Falls may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The UW-River Falls "Falcons" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students can visit the University of Wisconsin - River Falls website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates UW-River Falls accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to UW-River Falls.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2010
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||19 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||19 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||20 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into UW-River Falls
The table below lists the chances of getting accepted into UW-River Falls.
|Granted Admissions||2,254 (87%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,119 (50%)|
Total enrollment at University of Wisconsin – River Falls is around 6,400 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 6% enrolling as graduate students and 94% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,000. There is also a $44 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,400-$7,700
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$16,800
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $270-$320 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $580-$700 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||52%||$3,817|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$6,550|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, University of Wisconsin – River Falls may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
University of Wisconsin – River Falls has an overall graduation rate which is around 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (since 1987)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1986)
University of Wisconsin – River Falls is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Wisconsin Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Wisconsin – River Falls by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Wisconsin – River Falls.
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (55 miles away)
- Winona State University in Winona, MN (74 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (100 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Superior in Superior, WI (132 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (152 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: