West Liberty University
Route 88, West Liberty, WV
- FAFSA School Code: 003823
- Phone: (304) 336-5000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (304) 336-8076
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (304) 336-8016
- Financial Aid Page
West Liberty University provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in West Liberty, West Virginia and publically funded. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at West Liberty University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions to this school. A score in a range of 1220 - 1540 on the SAT, or 18 - 23 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 75% of those students that apply are admitted to West Liberty University, of which 41% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $5,800, while nonresidents pay $14,000 annually. Housing is available for students, which costs around $3,700 each year. Students attending West Liberty University may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at West Liberty University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.westliberty.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates West Liberty University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting into West Liberty University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||420 - 530|
|SAT ® Math||410 - 510|
|SAT ® Writing||390 - 500|
|SAT ® Total Score||1220 - 1540|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||16 - 23|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 23|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances of getting into West Liberty University can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,435 (75%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||583 (41%)|
The total student enrollment at West Liberty University is about 2,700. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 2% enrolling as graduate students and 98% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $5,300-$6,300
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $13,000-$15,770
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $220-$260 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $550-$660 per credit unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$6,777|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$8,136|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, West Liberty University may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
West Liberty University has an overall graduation rate which is around 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
West Liberty University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by West Liberty University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B)
- Information Resources Management, Cio Training (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (B)
Health and Clinical Professions
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (B)
- Psychology (B)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Graphic Design (B)
- Chemistry (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
Other 4-Year Public Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Liberty University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (35 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (40 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Fayette - Eberly Campus in Uniontown, PA (48 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington in Upper Burrell, PA (51 miles away)
- Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV (55 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: