Get more information about West Liberty University by clicking links below:
West Liberty University provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in West Liberty, West Virginia and publically funded. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at West Liberty University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions to this school. A score in a range of 1220 - 1540 on the SAT, or 18 - 23 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 75% of those students that apply are admitted to West Liberty University, of which 41% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $5,800, while nonresidents pay $14,000 annually. Housing is available for students, which costs around $3,700 each year. Students attending West Liberty University may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at West Liberty University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.westliberty.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates West Liberty University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at West Liberty University is about 3,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 6% enrolling as graduate students and 94% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $6,700-$8,000
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $14,000-$16,930
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $270-$330 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $580-$700 per credit unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$6,777|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$8,136|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, West Liberty University may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
West Liberty University has an overall graduation rate which is around 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
West Liberty University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by West Liberty University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Liberty University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (35 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (40 miles away)
- Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV (55 miles away)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Slippery Rock, PA (64 miles away)
- Glenville State College in Glenville, WV (90 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: