Get more information about Westfield State College by clicking links below:
Westfield State College provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Westfield, MA and publically funded. Approximately 5,900 students are enrolled annually at WSC.
Areas of study available at WSC include:
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 920 - 1110 on the SAT and within the range of 19 - 24 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to WSC. This school has an admissions rate of about 61% of which only 36% chose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at westfield.ma.edu.
Tuition & fees at WSC vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs approximately $8,700 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $15,000 per year. The cost of on-campus housing is estimated to be $6,000 annually. Some students at Westfield State College may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Westfield State College "Owls" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the school's http://www.westfield.ma.edu/ to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants Westfield State College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Westfield State College has a total student population of about 6,500. The student body is made up of 87% undergraduate students and 20% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $958,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- State Residents: $970-$1,200
- Out-of-State: $7,100-$8,460
- For part-time students, charges are between $280-$340 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$5,321|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$6,979|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Westfield State College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Westfield State College is approximately 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Westfield State College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Massachusetts State College Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Massachusetts State College Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field (Massachusetts State College Ath Assoc)
- Field Hockey
- Football (New England Football Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Westfield State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Westfield State College.
- Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, CT (30 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (41 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (42 miles away)
- Worcester State College in Worcester, MA (49 miles away)
- Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT (56 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: