Get more information about Apex School of Theology by clicking links below:
Apex School of Theology, located in Durham, North Carolina, was founded in 1995 as the Apex School of Religion by Revered Dr. Joseph E. Perkins. Originally utilizing the facilities of the Apex First Baptist Church, the school moved to larger facilities in 2002, relocating yet again in 2006. The school was founded as a low cost alternative to other seminaries, allowing those who are interested in faith leadership to have the opportunity.
Apex School of Theology offers associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral level degrees. Additionally the school offers distance learning that allows students to do 100% of the coursework online and at their own pace. Apex School of Theology's programs are designed to educate individuals and prepare them for faith based education and service. The school also provides continuing education courses for those who feel they need to refresh and update their knowledge.
- Associate of Christian Education
- Bachelor Theology
- Master of Christian Education
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry
Admissions and Financial Aid
Enrollment at Apex School of Theology begins by applying to one of the programs offered. Along with the application, students must submit the appropriate application fee, a spiritual autobiography, all pertinent transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a completed health form by a physician. Some programs may have additional requirements. Students interested in receiving financial aid must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once submitted, the student will be evaluated and financial awards determined.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Apex School of Theology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Theology and Religious Vocations (A, B, D)
Ministry (A, B, D, M)
Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries (A, B, D, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (919) 572-1625 x7015. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Apex School of Theology for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $5,300 per year
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $200 to $240 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $110
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $4,200-$5,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $230 to $280 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $110
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$1,602|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$3,322|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 13%.
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Apex School of Theology.
- Grace College of Divinity in Fayetteville, NC (60 miles away)
- Piedmont International University in Winston Salem, NC (79 miles away)
- Hood Theological Seminary in Salisbury, NC (93 miles away)
- Virginia University of Lynchburg in Lynchburg, VA (103 miles away)
- Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond in Henrico, VA (138 miles away)
- Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, VA (140 miles away)
- Bethel College in Hampton, VA (156 miles away)
- Cathedral Bible College in Myrtle Beach, SC (157 miles away)