Appalachian Bible College
161 College Drive, Mount Hope, WV
- FAFSA School Code: 007544
- Phone: (304) 877-6428
- School Homepage
Appalachian Bible College is an institution with a Baptist affiliation and is located in Mount Hope, West Virginia. This school provides various excellent programs for its potential students. The school has an enrollment of around 300 students per year. Appalachian Bible College has several programs to pick from. The more popular enrolled programs among students are listed below:
- Biblical Studies
- Theological and Ministerial Studies
The admissions process would include the submission of an application, school records and any standardized tests, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 990 - 1160 on the SAT and between 18 - 26 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to Appalachian Bible College.
Appalachian Bible College also offers student services including career pathway counseling for students in need of help and job placement options.
The cost of attendance is close to $7,100 for graduate students and approximately $13,000 for undergraduate level students each year. Tuition figures may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing is available and the cost is approximately $3,100 annually. Appalachian Bible College may help with costs by offering financial assistance for those that qualify in the form of grants and loans.
This school has been accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation since 1967. Get more information by following the link to visit the school's official website, where you can see programs available, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Appalachian Bible College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Biblical Studies (A, B, C)
- Theology (A, B, C)
- Theological and Ministerial Studies (A, B, C, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,400. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Appalachian Bible College for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $11,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $510 for part time students
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,800
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $7,100 per year for graduate students
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $360 to $430 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$5,937|
|Receiving Student Loans||41%||$5,641|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 6%.
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Appalachian Bible College.
- Kentucky Mountain Bible College in Vancleve, KY (117 miles away)
- Emmanuel Christian Seminary in Johnson City, TN (124 miles away)
- Carolina Christian College in Winston Salem, NC (133 miles away)
- Piedmont International University in Winston Salem, NC (135 miles away)
- Laurel University in High Point, NC (147 miles away)
- Clear Creek Baptist Bible College in Pineville, KY (159 miles away)
- Hood Theological Seminary in Salisbury, NC (160 miles away)
- Trinity Lutheran Seminary in Columbus, OH (170 miles away)