Get more information about Saint John’s Seminary by clicking links below:
Saint John's Seminary, located in Brighton, MA, is a Roman Catholic affiliated school that gives individuals an excellent educational experience, including religious leadership training through its seminary. This school had an enrollment of 200 students last year. Saint John's Seminary offers several programs for students to choose from. Listed below are the more popular programs offered:
- Lay Ministry
- Pre-Theology, Pre-Ministerial Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records and any standardized tests, which are then evaluated by the admissions office.
Saint John's Seminary also offers services for students including flexible courses for working or busy students, academic counseling assistance for students that may require additional help, and help with employment options for students.
The cost of this school's tuition is close to $12,000 for graduate students and about $15,000 for undergraduate programs per year. The costs may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be offered to those that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Saint John's Seminary is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, having held that accreditation for the last five years. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit sjs.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Saint John’s Seminary by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Lay Ministry (M)
Pre-Theology, Pre-Ministerial Studies (B, M)
Theology (B, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $2,700. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Saint John’s Seminary. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $22,000-$26,000
- Per unit charges are around $1,000 for part time students
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $19,000 per year for graduate students
- For part-time students, charges are between $740-$890 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $1,600
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$20,000|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint John’s Seminary.
- Hellenic College - Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, MA (2 miles away)
- Andover Newton Theological School in Newton Centre, MA (2 miles away)
- Episcopal Divinity School in Cambridge, MA (3 miles away)
- Blessed John XXIII National Seminary in Weston, MA (8 miles away)
- Gordon - Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, MA (24 miles away)
- Hartford Seminary in Hartford, CT (89 miles away)
- Holy Apostles College and Seminary in Cromwell, CT (92 miles away)
- Unification Theological Seminary in Barrytown, NY (143 miles away)