San Francisco Theological Seminary (SFTS)
105 Seminary Road, San Anselmo, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 001279
- Phone: (415) 451-2800
- School Homepage
- Phone: (415) 451-2853
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (415) 451-2824
San Francisco Theological Seminary, located in San Anselmo, CA, is a Presbyterian Church affiliated school that provides students an excellent educational experience, including religious leadership training through its seminary. This school has an enrollment of around 400 students per year. San Francisco Theological Seminary has several programs to select from. Some of the more popular programs offered for students are:
- Theological and Ministerial Studies
- Theology and Religious Vocations
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts and records and any standardized tests, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff.
San Francisco Theological Seminary also provides student services including help with employment options for students and career guidance for students that may require additional help.
This school's tuition for the graduate programs is approximately $12,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Living accommodations are available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is around $5,700. Financial aid may be provided to those that meet the necessary requirements.
This school has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools since 1938. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, please visit sfts.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by San Francisco Theological Seminary by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Ministry (M)
- Theological and Ministerial Studies (D, M)
- Theology and Religious Vocations (C, D, M)
- Theology (C, D, M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $11,000-$13,000 for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $440 to $530 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $210
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 2%.
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to San Francisco Theological Seminary.
- Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in Berkeley, CA (17 miles away)
- Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology in Berkeley, CA (17 miles away)
- Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)
- Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)
- Starr King School for Ministry in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)
- Franciscan School of Theology in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)
- Church Divinity School of the Pacific in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)
- American Baptist Seminary of the West in Berkeley, CA (18 miles away)