Get more information about The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary by clicking links below:
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, located in Louisville, Kentucky, is a school dedicated to providing a comprehensive education. The school maintains a Southern Baptist affiliation, and offers studies through its seminary. Over two thousand students enroll at SBTS annually. Over ten different programs are offered at SBTS, including degrees as high as a Doctor's degree. The more popular programs among individuals are shown below:
- Missions, Missionary Studies and Missiology
- Religious Education
- Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries
- Religious, Sacred Music
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by admissions staff.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary also provides services for students such as career guidance for students in need of help, flexible scheduling for those with difficult working schedules, and job placement options.
The cost of tuition is close to $13,000 for graduate students and about $16,000 for undergraduate students annually. The prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for potential students. The yearly cost of housing is around $2,600. Some students at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary may be eligible for financial assistance, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
This school has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools since 1938. Get more information by clicking on the link to visit the school's official website, where you can see programs available, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Theology and Religious Vocations
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is $18,900. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $35 is required from all applicants. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (502) 897-4206. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $14,000-$17,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $600-$720 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $490
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $11,000-$13,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $460 to $550 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $490
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||44%||$1,891|
|Receiving Student Loans||20%||$10,354|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY (0.6 miles away)
- Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology in Saint Meinrad, IN (61 miles away)
- Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY (62 miles away)
- Lexington Theological Seminary in Lexington, KY (66 miles away)
- Cincinnati Christian University in Cincinnati, OH (85 miles away)
- Gods Bible School and College in Cincinnati, OH (87 miles away)
- Athenaeum of Ohio in Cincinnati, OH (91 miles away)
- Ohio Mid - Western College in Cincinnati, OH (97 miles away)