The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS)
2825 Lexington Rd, Louisville, KY
- FAFSA School Code: 001982
- Phone: (800) 626-5525
- School Homepage
- Phone: (502) 897-4617
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (502) 897-4206
- Financial Aid Page
SBTS, located in Louisville, KY, is a Southern Baptist affiliated school that gives faith-filled students a comprehensive educational experience, including religious leadership training through its seminary. Approximately two thousand students enroll at SBTS yearly. Over ten different programs are offered at SBTS, and it awards degrees up to a Doctor's degree. Here are the programs with more popularity among individuals:
- Missions, Missionary Studies and Missiology
- Religious Education
The admissions process would begin with the submission of an application, school records and any standardized tests, which are then evaluated by the admissions office.
SBTS also provides services for students including career guidance for students in need of help, flexible scheduling for those with difficult working schedules, and job placement options.
Tuition is around $15,000 each year for undergraduates and about $12,000 for graduate level programs, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Living quarters may be provided for students that want to live on-campus for a cost of $2,600 per year. This school may provide financial assistance for students who are eligible in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools, having held that accreditation for the last seventy-five consecutive years. Get more information by clicking on the link to visit the school's official website, where you can learn about programs available, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Ministry (M)
- Theology (A, B, C, D, M)
- Missions, Missionary Studies and Missiology (D, M)
- Religious Education (M)
- Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries (D, M)
- Religious, Sacred Music (M)
- Christian Counseling (D)
- Youth Ministry (M)
- Theological and Ministerial Studies (M)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Humanistic Studies (B)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is $18,900. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $35 is required from all applicants. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (502) 897-4206. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $14,000-$17,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $600-$720 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $490
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $11,000-$13,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $460 to $550 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $490
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||44%||$1,891|
|Receiving Student Loans||20%||$10,354|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY (0.6 miles away)
- Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology in Saint Meinrad, IN (61 miles away)
- Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY (62 miles away)
- Lexington Theological Seminary in Lexington, KY (66 miles away)
- Cincinnati Christian University in Cincinnati, OH (85 miles away)
- Gods Bible School and College in Cincinnati, OH (87 miles away)
- Athenaeum of Ohio in Cincinnati, OH (91 miles away)
- Ohio Mid - Western College in Cincinnati, OH (97 miles away)