Connecticut is home to some of the oldest and most revered colleges in the United States. The state is known for its high regard for academics and its populace is considered the best educated in America. Connecticut is an ideal state for pursuing higher education as the state has a high number of colleges and universities and is conveniently located in the center of one of the most populous regions of the United States.
Connecticut operates several publically funded school systems, the most notable of which is the Connecticut State University System. CSUS has been operating for over 25 years, but the four schools that the system operates are much older, with the oldest being over 150 years. The system is the largest in Connecticut, serving over 35,000 students a year. The four schools that comprise the CSUS are
- Central Connecticut State University (New Britain)
- Southern Connecticut State University (New Haven)
- Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic)
- Western Connecticut State University (Danbury)
Aside from the CSUS, Connecticut also supports two public institutions and a federal institution. These Institutions are:
- University of Connecticut (Storrs)
- Charter Oak State College (New Britain)
- United States Coast Guard Academy (New London)
In addition to the public institutions available to students, Connecticut is host to a large number of private colleges and universities. Many have a storied history, and one is considered one of the best schools in the nation.
- Yale University (New Haven)
- University of New Haven (West Haven)
- Trinity College (Hartford)
- Albertus Magnus College (New Haven)
- Wesleyan University (Middletown)
Connecticut also has a 12 community colleges and a wide variety of vocational and technical schools. The state has proposed a merger of the community college and university systems (excluding the University of Connecticut), under a board of regents that would oversee the function and operations of these schools.
Browse Schools by Career in Connecticut
Follow the links below to get information on accredited schools in our database that offer programs or degrees.
Medicine & Healthcare
- Medical Schools in Connecticut (M.D.) (2 Schools)
- Pharmacy Schools in Connecticut (Pharm. D.) (2 Schools)
- Nursing Schools in Connecticut (BSN, RN, LPN, ...) (35 Schools)
Law & Criminal Justice
- Law Schools in Connecticut (J.D.) (3 Schools)