List of Private Universities & Colleges in Rhode Island
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in Rhode Island
There are 7 large private universities in our database for Rhode Island. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
Large Universities with Research Facilities or Faculty
The universities listed below offer many diverse academic programs, have a large student body, and usually have research facilities or faculty involved with research. These schools very often have graduate and professional programs as well.
Brown University in Providence, RI
Visit the website for Brown University at brown.edu
- 5,000 to 9,999 Undergraduate Students Enrolled
- Estimated tuition & fees: $52,000 per year
Large Primarily Academic Universities
Each university listed below offers a diverse set of degrees and programs, unlike the research universities listed above, these schools contain little to no research activity on campus and are primarily academic.
- Bryant University in Smithfield, RI
- Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI
- New England Institute of Technology (New England Tech) in East Greenwich, RI
- Providence College in Providence, RI
- Roger Williams University in Bristol, RI
- Salve Regina University in Newport, RI
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
Schools of Art, Music, and Design
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) in Providence, RI
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both Rhode Island in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2015: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.