Get more information about Ogeechee Technical College by clicking links below:
Ogeechee Technical College, located in Statesboro, Georgia, was founded in 1987 through the approval of the Georgia General Assembly. The school is one of 33 schools that comprise the Technical College System of Georgia, serving the counties of Bullock, Screven and Evans, as well as parts of other nearby counties. The school was originally known as Ogeechee Technical Institute, but changed its name in 2000 to better reflect its role and purpose. The school provides a quality education and training, as well as other services, such as adult literacy programs for residents of its area who are in need of such instruction.
OTC offers a variety of programs that assist in the pursuit of long term employment through training and skill development. These programs reflect local and statewide needs for trained individuals in what are considered high demand fields or industries. These programs take between one and two years to complete, resulting in a degree or certificate upon completion. Individuals completing one of the many available programs will have all the tools necessary to enter the workforce as a qualified professional.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Ogeechee Technical College is a public, two year, open enrollment institution that allows any interested individual to enroll through the completion of the application and payment of the associated fees. Students may be required to take a placement exam prior to registration depending on programs chosen. Financial aid is available through grants, loans and scholarships awarded based on need as determined by an individual's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which should be submitted annually and in a timely manner.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ogeechee Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,100-$2,600
- Out-of-State: $4,300-$5,126
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $89-$110 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $180-$210 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$5,922|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$5,883|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Ogeechee Technical College may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2000)
- Funeral Service Education Program
- Accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, Committee on Accreditation (since 2002)
- Magnetic Resonance Technologist Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2007)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1994)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ogeechee Technical College.
- Southeastern Technical College in Vidalia, GA (35 miles away)
- Savannah Technical College in Savannah, GA (47 miles away)
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College in Sandersville, GA (74 miles away)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College in Valdosta, GA (138 miles away)
- South Georgia Technical College in Americus, GA (143 miles away)