South Baylo University was founded by David J. Park in 1980. The school operates two campuses, located in Los Angeles and Anaheim, California. The school specialized in acupuncture and oriental medicine, offering masters (MSAOM) and doctoral (DOAM) programs in that field. Additionally the school offers a certificate program in Acupressure/Tuina Massage. The programs are offered in three languages: English, Chinese and Korean, though an strong understanding of English is required. The length of time for the MSAOM program can vary between 3-6 years based on number of units taken per quarter.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students applying to South Baylo University must:
- Have earned a bachelor's degree
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have a minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Have an interview with an admissions officer
- Complete and submit an application along with the application fee
- Submit of all pertinent documents and transcripts
Financial aid through grants, loans, part time work and scholarship is available.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by South Baylo University by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Acupuncture (B, D, M)
- Tuition is estimated to be $7,650 for undergraduates and $9,850 for graduates*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $300*
- 150 students graduated in the last reported year
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $7,700-$9,200
- Required fees: $320
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $9,900-$12,000 per year
- Required fees for graduate students are around $500
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||18%||$1,647|
|Student Loans (Federal)||13%||$3,609|