Great Lakes Institute of Technology is a two year private career college dedicated to offering a practical education for students located in and around Erie. Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Personal and Culinary Services
- Health and Clinical Professions
Over the past several years Great Lakes Institute of Technology has awarded degrees to over 730 students with more than 75% of students who start the program complete it. Over twenty different programs are offered at Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The more popular programs are listed below:
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Surgical Technologist
To help support students, Great Lakes Institute of Technology may offer support services like those listed below:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Employment search assistance
The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges has accredited the instruction & training provided by Great Lakes Institute of Technology for over thirty-four straight years. Please visit glit.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The following is a list of programs offered at Great Lakes Institute of Technology. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a comprehensive list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at (814) 864-6666.
Get more information about the programs offered by Great Lakes Institute of Technology by clicking the request information to the right.
Medical Assistant (1,095 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $2,290*
- More than 70 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools page.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,290*
- Around 70 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 9 months
Read more and find other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools profile page.
program takes on average nineteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $40,000*
- Required supplies and books: $2,760*
- Students usually complete the program in 19 months
Surgical Technologist (2,085 Hours)
The surgical technologist program takes about seventeen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $29,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,920*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 17 months
Visit our surgical technologist schools profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Veterinary Assistant (855 Hours)
The veterinary assistant program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $14,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,380*
- Around 50 students completed the veterinary assistant program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Learn more and find other schools listed by going to our veterinary assistant schools page.
Massage Therapy (1,080 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered on average takes about ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,470*
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 10 months
Take a look at our massage therapy schools profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The cost to submit an application is $25. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$4,451|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$7,484|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Great Lakes Institute of Technology.
- Remington College - Cleveland Campus in Cleveland, OH (89 miles away)
- DCI Career Institute in Monaca, PA (98 miles away)
- Ohio Valley College of Technology in East Liverpool, OH (101 miles away)
- Bidwell Training Center Inc in Pittsburgh, PA (112 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown Institute - Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA (113 miles away)