The American College of Education is an online college founded in 2005 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana. The focus of The American College of Education (ACE) is to provide a digital curriculum to educators through online graduate programs along with a suite professional development modules.
ACE has been regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since its inception with all programs carrying an accreditation making degrees applicable worldwide. In addition, all programs – including specializations and concentrations – that lead to a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction are nationally accredited through TEAC which is part of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
In addition to professional development programs, The American College of Education offers students a bevvy of degree paths that include:
- Master of Education in: Advanced Studies, Curriculum & Instruction, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Technology, Elementary Education, ESL & Bilingual Education, Health & Wellness, Instructional Design & Technology, Integrated Curriculum, Literacy, STEM Leadership, Teacher Leadership, and Teaching English Learners.
- Master of Arts in: Elementary Teaching and Secondary Teaching.
- Education Specialist in Leadership.
- Doctorate of Education in Leadership.
- Certificate Programs in: Adult Education & Corporate Training, Transition to Teaching in Elementary Education, Christian Education, Content Area Instruction, ESL & Bilingual Education, Transition to Teaching in Elementary Education, and Transition to Teaching in Secondary Education.
A variety of financial aid programs are available to qualified students. Financial aid includes a combination of scholarships, grants, loans, work-study programs, and private sources. ACE strives to be socially and fiscally responsible by providing quality programs and rigorous curricula at an affordable price point. Additionally, the online material can be accessed by students in rural, underserved communities to provide opportunities for all to leverage higher education to their benefit & to the benefit of others.
For returning students or adults looking to transfer credits to ACE, please refer to their general credit transfer criteria to learn more about acceptable transfers. The portal includes details about transferring to the American College of Education, their transfer forms, appeal process, and credit hour policy.
Please visit the school’s website for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Educational Leadership and Administration
Bilingual and Multilingual Education
Curriculum and Instruction
Educational and Instructional Media Design
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.