Focused on helping the students reach their professional and academic goals, Cape Fear Community College has been providing exceptional education and job training for its students since 1958. The CFCC campus at Wilmington is located at 411 North front Street Wilmington, NC 28401.
CFCC caters to wide range of students from those who would like to earn initial credits for a four-year Bachelor’s degree to those who wish to enhance their skills for a professional career. This college offers Curriculum and Continuing Education programs.
Under the Curriculum programs are Credit courses (Certificate, Diploma and Associate degree), College transfer, and Technical and Vocational programs. Students enrolled in transfer programs can easily transfer to UNC institutions including UNC-Wilmington, UNC Pembroke and UNC-Greensboro upon finishing their course.
On the other hand, students of the Continuing Education program are given the opportunity to take non-credit courses for professional development or personal enrichment; Adult High School, GED and English as a Second Language programs; and Small Business Center seminars and customized training.
CFCC is a constituent of the North Carolina Community College System and it has been accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Selected programs offered in this college certified by the appropriate accrediting bodies are Nursing, Criminal justice Technology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Medical Sonography, Occupational therapy Assistant, Pharmacy Technology, Phlebotomy and Practical Nursing.
In order to meet the diverse educational needs of the students, CFCC utilize different methods of class delivery. Students can choose to take traditional, hybrid or internet classes at their own convenience. Other services available for students are free tutoring, free computer access and study workshops.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,400-$2,900
- Out-of-State: $8,600-$10,290
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $76-$91 per unit
- Out-of-State: $270-$320 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||67%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$4,239|
|Receiving Student Loans||26%||$5,748|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Cape Fear Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in North Carolina, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|CFCC||New Hanover County||North Carolina|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1993)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1999)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in North Carolina
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1999)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2002)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cape Fear Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cape Fear Community College.
- Brunswick Community College in Bolivia, NC (21 miles away)
- Southeastern Community College - Whiteville in Whiteville, NC (48 miles away)
- Coastal Carolina Community College in Jacksonville, NC (49 miles away)
- James Sprunt Community College in Kenansville, NC (51 miles away)
- Bladen Community College in Dublin, NC (52 miles away)