Carteret Community College, located in Morehead City, North Carolina, was founded in 1963 and is one of the 58 colleges that comprise the North Carolina Community College System, itself one of the largest such systems in the United States. The school offers a variety of programs and services designed to assist individuals in pursing and reaching their goals.
To that end, the school is constantly reviewing its offerings to ensure they remain relevant and updating and adding programs and facilities to accommodate changes and meet them head on.
Carteret Community College offers a variety of programs that allow students to pursue academic transfer or workforce development opportunities. Individuals wishing to pursue academic transfer will complete a curriculum that mirrors the first two years of a four year education, followed by applying to four year institutions to continue that education and earn a bachelor's degree.
Career and technical programs allow students to receive an education and training in a high demand field or industry for the purposes of long term employment after completion of the program. Programs take between one and two years to finish, and result in a certificate or degree.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Carteret Community College is an open enrollment institution that requires students be eighteen years of age and has a high school diploma or equivalent. Individuals who do not meet the criteria may meet with a representative to discuss options in preparation for their education.
Enrollment is accomplished through the submission of an application and previous transcripts, as well as payment of fees. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor prior to registration to discuss program options. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships which are awarded based on need as determined by the applicant's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $2,600-$3,100
- Out-of-State: $7,200-$8,640
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $72-$86 per unit
- Out-of-State: $260-$320 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$6,095|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Carteret Community College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2011)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in North Carolina
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1973)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Carteret Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Carteret Community College.
- Pamlico Community College in Grantsboro, NC (28 miles away)
- Craven Community College in New Bern, NC (33 miles away)
- Coastal Carolina Community College in Jacksonville, NC (36 miles away)
- Beaufort County Community College in Washington, NC (55 miles away)
- Lenoir Community College in Kinston, NC (58 miles away)