Located in the beautiful setting of the Rockies, Casper College in Casper, Wyoming offers students with a two-year education in one of a variety of disciplines. Curriculums provide students with vocational training, transfer opportunities, and continuing education.
The school offers students with 30 technical programs and over 50 associate degree programs in five areas, including health science, social and behavioral science, business and industry, fine arts, and science. Students can opt to obtain a one-year certificate or two-year associate’s degree, or work toward obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree with one of the college’s affiliate four-year colleges.
Financial aid is offered via loans and scholarship programs. The Hathaway Scholarship is available to qualifying students who’ve attended and graduated from a high school in the state.
The college, which was established in 1945, currently has just over 4,100 students attending classes, and a 60% retention rate. In-state tuition is set at around $2,100 while out-of-state students pay around $4,900 annually.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,171
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $280-$330 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$4,374|
|Receiving Student Loans||18%||$4,025|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Casper College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in Wyoming, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Casper College||Natrona County||Wyoming|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 1998)
- Music Program
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1984)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1979)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1997)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1984)
- Theatre Program
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 1998)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Casper College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Casper College.
- Central Wyoming College in Riverton, WY (107 miles away)
- Eastern Wyoming College in Torrington, WY (121 miles away)
- Sheridan College in Sheridan, WY (137 miles away)
- Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, WY (143 miles away)
- Western Nebraska Community College in Scottsbluff, NE (152 miles away)