Founded in 1985, the Chandler-Gilbert Community College is located in Chandler, Arizona and serves the Southeast Valley in Phoenix, the Metropolitan Area and Sun Lakes. CGCC offers a wide array of degrees and certificates in different fields from aviation, health sciences, natural sciences, education, business and computing, fine arts and communications. Its vision is to empower local students and strengthen communities and this is the reason why CGCC is very focused in doing community outreach programs in Chandler.
As of July 1, 2013, students who wish to enroll in CGCC pay a general tuition rate of $81 non-inclusive of the other fees. However, for out-of-state enrollees, a total of $322 per credit hours is the minimum amount of tuition fee rate. On the other hand, students who wish to transfer to other universities to earn a four-year degree; CGCC has a transfer center where students can be assisted to file for transfer at selected universities below:
- Arizona State University
- Northern Arizona University
- University of Arizona
Currently, CGCC has served more than 19,000 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well as a member of the North Central Association in Arizona thereby assuring students that they offer excellent learning experiences to everyone.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $7,800-$9,360
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $84-$100 per unit
- Out-of-State: $330-$390 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||57%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||46%||$3,713|
|Receiving Student Loans||17%||$3,517|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Chandler – Gilbert Community College may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how this school compares against other community colleges in Maricopa County and community colleges in Arizona as a whole.
|Chandler – Gilbert Community College||Maricopa County||Arizona|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetic Technician Program
- Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 2001)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1966)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Arizona
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chandler – Gilbert Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chandler – Gilbert Community College.
- Mesa Community College in Mesa, AZ (8 miles away)
- South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, AZ (15 miles away)
- GateWay Community College - Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ (16 miles away)
- Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, AZ (16 miles away)
- Phoenix College in Phoenix, AZ (21 miles away)