College life transforms the lives of students. Truly oriented towards preparing them to be independent, knowledgeable and productive contributors to society, Chattanooga State Community College provides students with educational opportunities of diverse interests. This college is committed towards student success, not only in academics but also in life and aims to see all students in prominent job roles. Developing the potential of individual students and helping them maximize their potential is an important role that the staff of this college takes up as a task every year.
Chattanooga State community College also provides students with lots of courses to select from. You can select degree programs, honors or even online courses. One option that has drawn attention is - career programs, which are designed for those advancing in their careers. Also, if attending college physically is not feasible, students have an option to select online courses where in you can earn an education outside the traditional class room.
A powerful learning experience is when students share knowledge and engage in discussions to communicate and help educate each other. Degree express offered by Chattanooga State Community College is one such learning community. This college also offers diploma programs and certificate programs that are conducted with dedicated full time faculty.
Moreover this college provides students with ample information online - right from admission process to course selection and campus details, faculty details and much more. Choosing the right course and the right education path is just a matter of interest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,400
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$18,060
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $170-$210 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $650-$780 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$5,091|
|Receiving Student Loans||35%||$4,786|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Chattanooga State Community College may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Chattanooga State Community College compares against other community colleges in Hamilton County and the community colleges in Tennessee as a whole.
|Chattanooga State Community College||Hamilton County||Tennessee|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1963)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1975)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Tennessee
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1971)
- Radiation Therapist Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1993)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chattanooga State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chattanooga State Community College.
- Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, TN (22 miles away)
- Northeast Alabama Community College in Rainsville, AL (54 miles away)
- Motlow State Community College in Tullahoma, TN (63 miles away)
- Georgia Highlands College in Rome, GA (64 miles away)
- Roane State Community College in Harriman, TN (64 miles away)