The College of Western Idaho is a public community college. It offers the skills you need to excel. The college is located in Nampa, Idaho. In-state tuition is $136 per credit. Out of state tuition is $300 per credit.
Courses help to prepare students to transfer to a four year institute or join the workforce. Whatever your goal, the College of Western Idaho is committed to making your educational goals a reality!
Associate degree programs are offered in Administrative Support, Anthropology, Applied Accounting, Auto Body, Auto CAD, Baking and Pastry Arts, Biology, Business, Cisco Networking and Security Technologies, and many other subjects.
The College of Western Idaho is an excellent choice for veterans. A veteran specialist will work with you and welcome you to the school. The college strives to make the transition to college as easy as possible. CWI offers assistants to veterans. The college can help you access your GI benefits.
Flexibility is the result of online courses at the College of Western Idaho. It is difficult to attend school while working and taking care of children. That is why the College of Western Idaho offers online classes. An easy to use management system delivers the online courses. The classes are just as rigorous as on-campus instruction.
You can apply for admission online.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,600-$3,200
- Out-of-State: $7,200-$8,640
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $140-$160 per unit
- Out-of-State: $300-$360 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$4,481|
|Receiving Student Loans||37%||$4,909|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, College of Western Idaho may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Idaho.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2013)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Idaho
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to College of Western Idaho.
- Blue Mountain Community College in Pendleton, OR (182 miles away)
- Walla Walla Community College in Walla Walla, WA (191 miles away)
- Columbia Basin College in Pasco, WA (222 miles away)
- Eastern Idaho Technical College in Idaho Falls, ID (227 miles away)
- Central Oregon Community College in Bend, OR (243 miles away)