Whatever kind of student you are, Columbia State Community College is the great place to start with.
Columbia State is a 2-year college with five campuses located in Columbia, Lawrenceburg, Lewisburg, Franklin and Clifton. It is a member of the sixth largest higher education system, the Tennessee Board of Regents serving the southern Middle Tennessee area.
The school has a variety of educational options offering over 50 areas of study for all. If you are a degree-seeking student, choose from the 2-year degree programs and follow it by either immediately getting a job or going on to a 4-year university. If you are skill-seeking student, earn a certificate or improve your professional skills from its programs. Working students may take advantage of its distance education or online classes for flexibility. Temporary students may enroll at its evening programs for transfer or other purposes and take non-credit classes for fun or developing new skills. High School students have the option to earn college credit while they are still in high school.
Columbia State takes pride of their expert faculty and friendly staff who will make sure you have great college experience and assist you in reaching goals. Be active and be involved in many of their extracurricular learning.
It also organizes cultural events, extended services and opportunities for the 9 counties it serves. It is giving back to the community which has been supportive of the school.
With these excellent academic offerings and student services, Columbia State Community College is indeed the great place to start with.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $10 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,400
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$18,060
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $630-$750 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$4,840|
|Receiving Student Loans||16%||$4,672|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Columbia State Community College may provide services to students including:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in Tennessee, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Columbia State Community College||Maury County||Tennessee|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Tennessee
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1974)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Columbia State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Columbia State Community College.
- Motlow State Community College in Tullahoma, TN (48 miles away)
- Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, TN (62 miles away)
- Jackson State Community College in Jackson, TN (94 miles away)
- Northeast Alabama Community College in Rainsville, AL (108 miles away)
- Snead State Community College in Boaz, AL (111 miles away)