Since its inception in 1968, Hostos Community College has been an instrument of positive change in the South Bronx and surrounding communities. This institution is among the 24 colleges under the umbrella of the nation's premier urban university, The City University of New York (CUNY). The campus is located at 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, New York 10451.
Hostos Community College helps students succeed in their professional careers and advance to higher education programs. It offers 29 Associate degree and 5 certificate programs which facilitates seamless transfer to CUNY or other universities' four-year baccalaureate studies.
Online programs are also offered for students who wish to have flexibility in learning. Classes in these programs are entirely or partially conducted online as students can choose from fully online courses and hybrid courses.
This institution is a home to the renowned Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development offering professional development courses and workforce training programs, and the Hostos Center for the Arts & Culture (HCAC) recognized as one of the pre-eminent Latino arts centers of the northeast.
Hostos Community College takes pride in its unique Student Success Program wherein students are provided with personalized guidance to achieve their educational goals. In addition to this, Hostos Academic Learning Center (HALC), Writing Center and Mentoring program are also available on campus.
As a progressive and dynamic institution, Hostos Community College lives up to its mission to provide accessible higher education directed towards intellectual growth and socio-economic development of the community it serves.
Prospective Student’s Guide http://www.hostos.cuny.edu/html/prospectivestudents.html
Degree Programs https://www.hostos.cuny.edu/Academics/College-Catalog
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $65 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,800-$5,800
- Out-of-State: $7,700-$9,216
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $210-$250 per unit
- Out-of-State: $320-$380 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$7,522|
|Receiving Student Loans||5%||$4,694|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Hostos Community College – CUNY may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Hostos compares against other community colleges in Bronx County and the community colleges in New York as a whole.
|Hostos||Bronx County||New York|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1999)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1972)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1983)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New York
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hostos Community College – CUNY by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hostos Community College – CUNY.
- CUNY Bronx Community College in Bronx, NY (3 miles away)
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City, NY (5 miles away)
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College in New York, NY (8 miles away)
- CUNY Queensborough Community College in Bayside, NY (10 miles away)
- Medgar Evers College - CUNY in Brooklyn, NY (11 miles away)