Get more information about GateWay Community College by clicking links below:
Gateway Community College, located in Phoenix, Arizona, was founded in 1968 and began operations in a shoe department of a department store. Lectures were given in movie theaters, mannequins replaced by desks; until over time the school expanded and moved, growing into a highly respected institution that was first among Arizona's schools to, among other things, install a computer. Since its inception, Gateway Community College has sought to be on the cutting edge of education and technology. The school currently enrolls over 16,000 students.
Gateway Community College offers over 125 programs of study. As a public 2 year institution, the school provides vocational and career training alongside transfer programs and opportunities to four year institutions. The school maintains a high academic standard for all its students and assists these same students in achieving their personal, career, and educational goals.
Programs offered include:
- Industrial Design Technology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Registered Nursing
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to enroll at GCC must register for a MEID through the states my.maricopa.edu website. Once an account is opened, an email address will be given, and all business with the school including admissions and financial aid will operate through this service. Once the application process is completed, students will need to take a placement test and meet with an academic advisor to review programs and course enrollment. A variety of financial aid options are available to students. TO determine eligibility and the right financial aid awards, speak to a financial aid counselor and apply.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $7,800-$9,360
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $84-$100 per unit
- Out-of-State: $330-$390 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$4,762|
|Receiving Student Loans||19%||$5,005|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, GateWay Community College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how this school compares against other community colleges in Maricopa County and community colleges in Arizona as a whole.
|GateWay Community College||Maricopa County||Arizona|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1966)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Arizona
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1974)
- Radiation Therapist Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2007)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by GateWay Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to GateWay Community College.
- South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, AZ (5 miles away)
- Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, AZ (7 miles away)
- Glendale Community College in Glendale, AZ (14 miles away)
- Paradise Valley Community College in Phoenix, AZ (14 miles away)
- Chandler - Gilbert Community College in Chandler, AZ (16 miles away)