Gateway Technical College, which is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, has a student population of around 9,000. The Midwest school provides programs in a wide variety of subjects, including some of the following areas:
- Airline Pilot
- Applied Horticulture
- Automotive Engineering
- Secretarial Science
- CAD/CADD Drafting
- Building and Property Maintenance
- Civil Engineering
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education/Teaching
- Diesel Mechanics
- Surgical Technology
- Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Sign Language Translation
The most popular study areas include engineering, the health professions, business management, security and protective services, and computer and information sciences.
The tuition rate for in-state students at the college is currently $122.20 per credit hour. Out-of-state students pay $183.30 per credit hour.
The Step Up program at the college provides career development assistance for students to map out their educational and employment goals. Students are also given details on STEM curriculums involving the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math. The Step Up program encourages job readiness by providing resume writing assistance and programs that cover job interviewing skills. Placement assistance is offered as well.
The college, which is located at 3520 30th Avenue in Kenosha, can be contacted toll-free at 800-353-3151.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $30 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $5,800-$6,934
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $130-$150 per unit
- Out-of-State: $190-$230 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||58%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||46%||$4,921|
|Receiving Student Loans||42%||$4,342|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Gateway Technical College may offer services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1968)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1980)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Wisconsin
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gateway Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gateway Technical College.