George C Wallace Community College has beautiful campuses in Dothan, Alabama and Eufaula, Alabama. The college has been providing an affordable education since 1947. At George Wallace Community College veterans can obtain an outstanding education. Veterans can contact the school to find out the educational programs offered.
The college is recognized as a leader in education. Students looking to gain the skills needed to be successful in the job market will find value in an education from George C Wallace Community College. Partnerships have been established with local industry and schools that will improve the community has a whole.
Wallace Community College employs online courses to enhance the learning experience. As a result instructors can presents information in ways that require the students to interact when they are outside of the classroom. The mastery of online materials is no different than mastering them in a traditional course and helps to show competency of the subject matter.
Online courses are based on the same learning outcomes as on campus instruction. They make the material more readily available and offer students flexibility. These classes allow students to interact and learn when they are outside of the classroom. Online instruction is a great innovation since it allows students the opportunity to study no matter where they live and there are no time restraints.
Academic programs at Wallace Community College are broken up into three areas which include career technical, academics, and health sciences. Degrees are offered in English, Fine Arts, Math, Anthropology, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, and Sociology. Technical education is offered in carpentry, cabinetmaking, air conditioning and refrigeration, auto body repair, and business technologies.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $3,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,500-$4,100
- Out-of-State: $6,900-$8,280
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $120-$140 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $230-$280 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$5,755|
|Receiving Student Loans||1%||$4,485|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, George C Wallace Community College – Dothan may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in Alabama, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|WALLACE DOTHAN||Dale County||Alabama|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1982)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Alabama
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1996)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1991)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by George C Wallace Community College – Dothan by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to George C Wallace Community College – Dothan.
- Enterprise State Community College in Enterprise, AL (22 miles away)
- Lurleen B Wallace Community College in Andalusia, AL (67 miles away)
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College in Phenix City, AL (80 miles away)
- Trenholm State Technical College in Montgomery, AL (87 miles away)
- Jefferson Davis Community College in Brewton, AL (97 miles away)