To help you move towards a successful career, you need to have technical knowledge and skills. Aiming to provide these skills, Greenville Technical College came into being. The college provides high-quality learning opportunities at affordable prices.
Greenville Tech is a four-campus college which covers the Greenville County and could be easily spotted by people who live and work nearby.
Jewel to the crown of Greenville Technical College is the corporate and career development center. This center caters to the needs of both the corporate and the career oriented set who want to excel and exceed. Once you are a part of this college, you get access to a variety of on job training to develop the skills required. You can get specialized professional certificates and can attend programs for skills improvement all year round.
The college also provides training on demand. The highlights of training are in the sectors like healthcare, manufacturing, environment safety and hospitality.
If you take a look at academics of the Greenville Technical College, you will find it attractive, boosted and most apt for you to pursue courses of your interest. You can choose from skill-specific certificates, focused diplomas, and associate degrees along with plenty of short-term continuing education options too. There are more than 100 programs provided by the college in the academic disciplines of arts and sciences, technologies, business and public service and heath science and nursing.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $4,000-$4,800
- Out-of-State: $8,200-$9,850
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $170-$200 per unit
- Out-of-State: $340-$410 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$4,801|
|Receiving Student Loans||32%||$5,185|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Greenville Technical College may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares GTC against community colleges in South Carolina.
|GTC||Greenville County||South Carolina|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1965)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Find all the other nursing programs in South Carolina
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1997)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1971)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Greenville Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Greenville Technical College.
- Spartanburg Community College in Spartanburg, SC (13 miles away)
- Tri - County Technical College in Pendleton, SC (24 miles away)
- Isothermal Community College in Spindale, NC (44 miles away)
- Piedmont Technical College in Greenwood, SC (45 miles away)
- Asheville - Buncombe Technical Community College in Asheville, NC (52 miles away)