Indian Hills Community College is a two-year community college in southeast Iowa with locations in Ottumwa and Centerville. Each location offers both associate degrees and certification programs. The college’s aim is to help students develop academically and personally, and their well-rounded educational program is designed to help them develop the skills and abilities that will help them be successful in life. Although course offerings include an array of options, the school is particularly proud of its Culinary Arts and Criminal Justice programs.
Not all students are able to spend several years on campus learning in the brick and mortar classroom setting. That’s why Indian Hills also offers online courses as a complement to their traditional fare. And when it’s time to close the books, students at IHCC can participate in extracurricular activities such as intramural sports, student clubs, and performing arts, to name a few.
Smart students know that a quality education doesn’t have to tie them to years of student loan repayment. If you do a little research on paying for college these days, you will realize that an IHCC education is both a fantastic value and a smart choice. Students holding a high school diploma or GED are eligible to apply for admission to IHCC. Contact the admissions office for more information, and make plans to attend Indian Hills. Your successful future is waiting!
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,800-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $5,800-$6,912
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $240-$290 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$4,340|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,060|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Indian Hills Community College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for IHCC, versus those community colleges in Iowa, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2013)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2012)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1981)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Indian Hills Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Indian Hills Community College.
- Southeastern Community College - West Burlington in West Burlington, IA (66 miles away)
- Marshalltown Community College in Marshalltown, IA (71 miles away)
- Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, IA (72 miles away)
- Des Moines Area Community College in Ankeny, IA (78 miles away)
- North Central Missouri College in Trenton, MO (92 miles away)