Want to learn in an energetic diverse learning community? Then you should go to Jackson State Community College.
The 97-acre main campus with open land, wooded areas, walkways, a pond and performance area is located in Jackson, Tennessee. It also maintains 3 centers in Humboldt, Lexington and Savannah.
Jackson State improves the lives of its students, strengthen the workforce and empower the communities it serve by offering over 40 traditional and modern associate degrees, certificates, continuing education and enrichment as well as college preparatory classes at an affordable rates.
Being a diverse campus, it understands the unique needs of each student. That is why classes are offered in 4 campuses where you can choose the place that is conveniently close to you. There are online, evening and accelerated class programs that will fit to your busy schedule. High school students can fast-track their college career through the Dual Enrollment program where they can earn college credits while still in high school.
JSCC is proud of its highly accomplished and accessible professors, and relatively small class sizes. This allow for a more enriching and personal learning environment. And unlike in big universities, the faculty and staff have ample time to devote and can attend to your concerns immediately.
Having educational quality similar to state universities in Tennessee, JSCC transfer pathways programs are successful in transferring its students to any state university with all their credits at a lower cost.
Take that leap and enroll here at Jackson State Community College. You will surely see it is the obvious choice.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,600-$4,400
- Out-of-State: $11,000-$13,680
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $480-$570 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$5,152|
|Receiving Student Loans||3%||$4,859|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Jackson State Community College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in Tennessee.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1994)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Tennessee
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1971)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Jackson State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Jackson State Community College.
- Dyersburg State Community College in Dyersburg, TN (44 miles away)
- Columbia State Community College in Columbia, TN (94 miles away)
- Motlow State Community College in Tullahoma, TN (141 miles away)
- Snead State Community College in Boaz, AL (179 miles away)
- Jefferson State Community College in Birmingham, AL (181 miles away)