James A. Rhodes State College (Rhodes State College) is a public institution providing degree granting career programs, non-credit workforce development, and consulting for business and industry in Lima, Ohio. With more than 4,100 students currently enrolled, Rhodes State College has more than 450 full-time and part-time faculty and staff.
Rhodes State College’s Mission State exists to change lives, build futures and improve communities through life-long learning.
Divisions of Academic Programs and Certificates:
- Allied Health
- Division of Art & Sciences
- Division of Business and Public Service
- Division of Information Technology and Engineering Technology
- Division of Nursing
The Workforce, Economic Development and Continuing Education Division provide training (both credit and non-credit) for organizations, businesses, and on the individual level. Training is available in healthcare, information technology, manufacturing & applied technologies, quality tools and processes, and human resources development.
Rhodes College has a large variety of established transfer agreements in place to make a smooth transition. They are also part of the University System of Ohio which lists a large number of courses, allowing seamlessly transfer to most general education courses. Review the Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGs) by researching the school programs today.
Student services include personal and educational counseling, academic advisement, athletics, career services, employment opportunities, and tutoring.
Detailed Tuition information as well as payment options by starting with the admissions portal or simply requesting information from the school here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,800-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $7,700-$9,227
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $320-$380 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||70%||$4,104|
|Receiving Student Loans||46%||$885|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, James A Rhodes State College may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1976)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1974)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Ohio
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1998)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1976)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by James A Rhodes State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to James A Rhodes State College.
- Marion Technical College in Marion, OH (50 miles away)
- North Central State College in Mansfield, OH (76 miles away)
- Miami University - Middletown in Middletown, OH (85 miles away)
- Bowling Green State University - Firelands in Huron, OH (88 miles away)
- Central Ohio Technical College in Newark, OH (95 miles away)