Kilgore College, located in Kilgore,TX, is a 2 year public institution in east Texas, and serving 20 school districts. The school was founded in 1935 during the east Texas oil boom, and his home to the East Texas Oil Museum. Additionally, it is home to the Kilgore College Rangerettes, the first precision drill team in the world (formed in 1940).
As a 2 year institution, KC offers many courses in a variety of fields, including associates programs and vocational courses along with classes for individual growth. KC also has one of the lowest costs per credit hour of any college or university in Texas.
Some programs offered are:
Admissions and Financial Aid
All applicants must take a placement exam, have their transcripts sent, complete the admissions application, and attend student orientation. Students applying for financial aid should do so prior to the financial aid deadline. Students applying for aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and visit the financial aid office to plan out your financial aid needs.
The school's mascot is the Ranger, and the colors are blue and grey. The football team has more wins than any other NJCAA team in Texas, and along with basketball, the Rangerettes and cheerleaders, combine to form the athletics department.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $770-$920
- Out-of-State: $3,600-$4,349
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $61-$73 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $180-$220 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||70%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||64%||$4,257|
|Receiving Student Loans||28%||$4,765|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Kilgore College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Kilgore College against community colleges in Texas.
|Kilgore College||Gregg County||Texas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1973)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Texas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Kilgore College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kilgore College.
- Tyler Junior College in Tyler, TX (24 miles away)
- Panola College in Carthage, TX (34 miles away)
- Northeast Texas Community College in Mount Pleasant, TX (49 miles away)
- Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, TX (52 miles away)
- Southern University at Shreveport in Shreveport, LA (62 miles away)