Lake Area Technical Institute, located in Watertown, South Dakota, was founded in 1965 and was South Dakota's first technical school. The school enrolls over 1,500 students a year and has had over 16,000 graduates. LATI maintains small class sizes and cutting edge facilities. LA Technical Institute is a higher education institution that believes in offering students a solid foundation upon which they may construct their success.
LATI offers 27 programs of study, 7 of which are available through online distance learning. The programs provide students with the education necessary to immediately begin a career or to transfer to a four year institution. 98% of graduates find placement in jobs or transfer to a four year university.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrolling at Lake Area Technical Institute must be at least 16 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. Students lacking a high school diploma or GED may take an examination demonstrating that they will benefit from the education offered; students enrolled in this manner must complete their GED within the year.
LATI offers a variety of financial aid options to eligible students. Eligibility for federal programs is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which must be completed and submitted.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $2,600-$3,100 per year
- Per unit charges are around $120 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||59%||$3,862|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,154|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Lake Area Technical Institute may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
- Child care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1967)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1984)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1997)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lake Area Technical Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lake Area Technical Institute.
- North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, ND (98 miles away)
- Central Community College in Grand Island, NE (282 miles away)
- Southeast Community College in Lincoln, NE (284 miles away)
- Hawkeye Community College in Waterloo, IA (293 miles away)