Laramie Community College, located in Cheyenne Wyoming, offers community college students with a vast choice of 2-year degree options. The school offers health, IT, business, and trade-type curriculums so students can use their skills in their chosen fields soon after they graduate.
Courses are available in such disciplines as accounting, diagnostic medical sonography, energy management, and computer programming. Degree options are also offered in agricultural business technology and agricultural production and operations.
The city of Cheyenne, which plays host to the school, is the capital and most populous city in Wyoming. Known for its parks and pathways, Cheyenne has been recognized as “Trail Town USA” by both the American Hiking Society and the National Park Service.
Tuition is affordable at the schools and falls between $2,000 and a little over $5,000 per year. Just over 10% of the student body lives on the college campus. Varsity sports are featured that include basketball for the men and volleyball for the women. Men’s and women’s sports include soccer, rodeo riding, and equestrian activities. Laramie Community College is located at 1400 E. College Drive in Cheyenne. You can contact the school toll-free at 800-522-2993.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,171
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $83-$100 per unit
- Out-of-State: $250-$300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$5,033|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$4,831|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Laramie County Community College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Laramie County Community College against community colleges in Wyoming.
|Laramie County Community College||Laramie County||Wyoming|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 2002)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1987)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1972)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Laramie County Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Laramie County Community College.
- Aims Community College in Greeley, CO (48 miles away)
- Eastern Wyoming College in Torrington, WY (74 miles away)
- Morgan Community College in Fort Morgan, CO (79 miles away)
- Western Nebraska Community College in Scottsbluff, NE (80 miles away)
- Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, CO (89 miles away)