Manhattan Area Technical College is a public post-secondary college offering associate degrees and certification programs in a variety of disciplines. Located in Manhattan, Kansas, MATC is dedicated to providing you with the best and most expedient path toward your future. Some programs can even be completed in just one year! Students wishing to earn two-year associate degrees will be pleased to know that MATC has transfer agreements with a variety of baccalaureate schools, making the transition process go smoothly and without unnecessary loss of class credits.
From Dental Hygiene and Nursing to Computer Aided Drafting and Welding, Manhattan offers traditional classes and online courses to meet a range of educational needs. It also has continuing education programs for specific jobs in the medical field.
Manhattan has an open enrollment policy, so students with a high school diploma or GED are encouraged to apply. Tuition rates are affordable, and the school accepts federal financial aid, which is awarded based on need. For information on the application process, contact MATC’s admissions department. If you live in the Manhattan area and are looking for a quality education at an affordable price, your search is over. Manhattan is everything you’re looking for and more!
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $40 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $3,900-$4,700 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $130 to $160 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$4,565|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$5,592|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Manhattan Area Technical College may provide services like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2001)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Kansas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Manhattan Area Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Manhattan Area Technical College.
- North Central Kansas Technical College in Beloit, KS (77 miles away)
- Neosho County Community College in Chanute, KS (123 miles away)
- Pratt Community College in Pratt, KS (156 miles away)
- Coffeyville Community College in Coffeyville, KS (159 miles away)
- Southwestern Community College in Creston, IA (175 miles away)