Mid-State Technical College in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin can lead you down a career path at an accelerated pace, whether you want to attend classes on-campus or prefer to take training online. Currently, just over 3,000 students are enrolled full-time at the college.
Subject areas that offer certificates include:
- Manufacturing technology
- Transportation technology
- Health services
- Business and information technology
- Renewable energy
- Agribusiness and urban forestry and
- Protective and consumer services.
Some of the certificate courses offered through the college provide hands-on training in the form of apprentice opportunities. Mid-state features apprenticeships for electricians, heavy equipment operators, ironworkers, millwrights, plumbers, and steamfitters.
The school, which was founded in 1967, is a career-training college with a retention rate of about 55%. Tuition for in-state residents is just over $3,600 while out-of-state residents pay around $4,000 per year. The school has four campus locations in Wisconsin, and serves students in Adams, Wisconsin, Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Marshfield, Wisconsin, and Wisconsin Rapids. The contact number at the Wisconsin Rapids address is 715-422-5300.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $30 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $5,800-$6,934
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $140-$170 per unit
- Out-of-State: $210-$250 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||64%||$4,752|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$4,294|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Mid – State Technical College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1994)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Wisconsin
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mid – State Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mid – State Technical College.
- Northcentral Technical College in Wausau, WI (42 miles away)
- Moraine Park Technical College in Fond du Lac, WI (80 miles away)
- Western Technical College - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (83 miles away)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay, WI (83 miles away)
- Nicolet Area Technical College in Rhinelander, WI (85 miles away)